Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Water Shortage- Here's What I Learned, part 1


We had to turn off our water at 10:45 am on Sunday, and it was off until the plumber was done at 9:30 am Monday.  There are 4 people living in our house.  We all tried to conserve water, but we ended up using 21.5 gallons total.

The empty bottles which contained 21.5 gallons are shown above.

That equalled 5.3 gallons used by each person in almost a 24 hour period.

Like I said in my post late last night, 1 gallon per person IS NOT ENOUGH.

I am pleased that I have hidden so much water behind almost every piece of furniture in my house.  I have put bottles between items in the linen closet.  I have put them around the bottoms of closets behind the hanging clothing.  I have some under the bathroom sinks. They are also lined up behind my bed's headboard.

We are so dependent on water, we just can't survive without it.  DO NOT DEPEND ON ALWAYS HAVING WATER IN THE TAP.  SOMEDAY IT MIGHT NOT BE THERE.

This subject is very important to me, as you may notice.  Empty bottles are free, water from the tap is free.  Quit throwing away juice bottles and start hiding them in your closets.  You will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment