Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Scented Candles too stinky

(Remember, our ward will be practicing "No Electric Lights and No Powered Entertainment for One Night" next week (preferably Sunday night March 11). 

Ben H. told me of his family's experience with an extended power outage.  They thought they had plenty of lighting, since they had an abundance of scented candles.

He said that was a mistake, because all those scented candles were overpowering and his family just couldn't stand all the fragrance in the air.

Now, his family has stocked up on other types of non-electric lighting.  He recommended buying some of the 100-hour emergency candles.  (And no, they aren't scented!)

Here is a link to those emergency candles.  I've never used one, so I can't tell you if I recommend them or not.  They are $4.50 each.  If you want some of them, I will be doing an Emergency Essentials order for our ward this month.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell you that the 100 hour candles are great! They're easy to light, hard to tip over and the flamecan withstand a bit of a draft (you know, like kids breathing on them when the continue to get too close). I like that one little jar will last 100 hours and I can store lots in a small amount of space. I prefer them over any other candles.