Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another report on "One Night Without Electric Lights"

Amy,
We went without power a week ago Sunday.  My favorite light was the headlamp I took from my husband.  Lots of light right where I needed it.....which was where ever I was looking.  I need to get a good one for each of my family members.  My husband's is lightweight, but durable.  I think a heavy one would bother me.   (Note from Amy:  I think she is right.  The heavy one I used needed a tight elastic band to hold it up, and it gave me a headache.)

Another winner was our solar yard lights.  We charged 4 of them.  My youngest children used them for night lights and they shone all night, plus the next night when they wanted to use them again for fun.  

We also used a oil hurricane lamp for the first time.  It was much easier to use than I thought it would be.  It wasn't as bright as the headlamp and the light was very yellow, which was a stark contrast to the bright white led light of the headlamp.  It was fine, but not as useful as I thought it would be.  I think having a couple of them burning in the same room would be more helpful, but I would need to store a lot more oil for that.  
-A.B.

No comments:

Post a Comment