Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

Oven for Coleman Stove


I considered it a miracle when I found this (30 year old?) Coleman camping oven at a yard sale for $4.  It folds down completely flat, but when you put it together, it works like a charm.  It even has a temperature gauge on the front.

As you can see, I just set it on top of my propane camping stove, and turned on the flame.



It has a rack inside just like a normal oven.  I baked this carrot cake in about the same time it would take to bake one in my electric oven.  I probably should have put the rack a bit higher, I think the bottom of the cake was a little burned.

(In case you are wondering, this is the carrot cake batter that I had intended to bake inside my solar oven, but by the time I mixed up the batter, clouds had covered the sun so I was forced to bake it in this oven instead.)

No comments:

Post a Comment