Friday, June 10, 2011
Seven Important Tips for Food Storage
1. Include a variety of foods. We get tired of eating the same things over and over.
2. Get many types of food: dehydrated, freeze-dried, factory-canned, home-canned, grains, oil, seasonings, leavenings.
3. Store Vitamins.
4. Store some quick and easy foods that can help you when you are too tired or too overwhelmed to cook.
5. Keep items well-balanced as you attempt to collect your food storage. Buy some of everything as you go along. (Don't buy all the wheat, then buy all the legumes.)
6. Always store your bulk foods in food storage containers.
7. Learn to use your food storage.