Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Good Reason to Keep Collecting Supplies

I read this article on PreparednessPro.com yesterday.  Kellene Bishop had some good insights from watching the coverage of the Joplin tornado aftermath.

http://www.preparednesspro.com/blog/perspectives-from-joplin/

"For starters, as I heard countless stories of folks who were taking supplies to the survivors I realized that all that I have accumulated over the years in terms of first-aid and basic hygiene supplies would be completely wiped out with just one similar occurrence in my community.  Here I was thinking that I was superwoman or something when it came to these kinds of supplies, but seeing a possible scenario in which those items would come in handy made me realize that I can still continue in my efforts and still be of benefit toothers should the situation ever arise.  This means more couponing and shopping for those items. While free baby wipes, diapers, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorants, soap and shampoo may seem a bit silly to some, my faith that such efforts may be needed some day have been reinforced through this series of events. "

No comments:

Post a Comment