Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Walton Feed raises prices 5%

Our stake has just turned in all our orders for our twice-yearly Walton Feed food storage order, and now today I got an email saying Walton cannot honor their prices, and we have to send in 5% more money for this order.  This is amazing, and is a sure sign that prices are going up so fast that big companies like this find it necessary to raise prices right in the middle of a big order.


(The following is from our stake Walton Feed coordinator)
March 27, 2011    Unfortunately, and for the first time in our history of ordering, Walton has had to raise their prices for the upcoming order and is not able to honor the prices originally quoted.  If you have have not submitted an order yet, please use the attached spreadsheet as it will add the price increases.  If you have already turned in your order to me or your ward rep, you will need to revise the order to accommodate the price increase by filling out the new spreadsheet attached.  More detail about why this happened is included in the below message from Melissa C., the main group coordinator for Walton orders.  The revised spreadsheet is attached.   If you are using a printable form or if you have send me an email with your order, add 5% to the total.
The deadline has been extended.  All orders with payment are now due to ____ by April ___.  I apologize as I know this will be inconvenient for all of us. Please pass this on to all in your wards or groups who received the original order.
Aimee S.
From Melissa C.:
 Hello Everyone!

Price Increase
I received information from Walton Feed that they have had to raise their prices and it is effective immediately. They cannot honor the prices on my price list for this current order because everything they are ordering in stock is more expensive now....and shipping is also being increased. This is the first time we have ever had to do this in the 12 years we have worked with them. I have worried and prayed and thought over this and decided that I had 2 choices...I could cancel the entire order, or I could send out information to all of you and let you know that we have to raise the prices. I chose the second option, because I know most of us don't want to cancel the order.

How Much?
We will be adding 5% to the total cost of each person's order. (That is $5.00 added to a $100 order.) I have made some adjustments to the spreadsheet so that it will automatically add up the 5% extra. I have attached the new spreadsheet for you. It will only affect some of the orders by a few dollars, but in the entire scope of the order, it will affect it by about $15,000! That is not something I could cover out of my own pocket, so raising the prices was really my only choice.
  


PS - Something Interesting
This is one paragraph of an email that one of the Stake Leaders sent out to her people after I counseled with her about this. I thought it was interesting and wanted to share it.

" I guess the question really is why it took them (Walton Feed) this long (to raise their prices).  Those of you who have been following the world weather events know that there were floods in Australia and drought in China and Russia and Chile, way before the earthquakes in New Zealand and Japan.  Commodity prices have been sky-rocketing all over the world.  Wheat prices doubled when Russia banned its wheat exports due to its drought.  Corn is up 52%.  Cotton is up 89%.  Rice and soybeans are up somewhere around 26%. It takes a while for these increases to trickle down to pricing here in the United States.  It wasn't until the last few months that our Consumer Price Index started going up."

No comments:

Post a Comment