Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Melting Hardened Honey

Honey lasts almost forever, but it does crystallize over time.

How do you turn it back to liquid?

I had a bottle of crystallized honey, so I cut off the top (it was too tall to fit in my microwave) and microwaved it for about 3 minutes at a time.  I kept pouring off the liquid and putting the jar back into the microwave to cook some more.

I am storing the liquid honey in this other container now, and we just get it out with a knife or spoon.

You can also set the container of hardened honey in a pot of water and cook that on the stove.

I have also been successful at liquifying honey just by setting the jar out in the sun for a few hours on top of a foil pie pan (to reflect the sun more.)  (Of course this would work much better when it is hot outside.)

No comments:

Post a Comment