Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cannery Trip Dec. 9

(This offer is for Morrisville ward only, and Green Level ward if I have room.)


I will be going to the Greensboro cannery on Dec. 9 with my son and his wife.  If you want to come with us, or if you need us to pick up something for you, please contact me.  You will need to go to  http://www.providentliving.org/channel/0,11677,1706-1,00.html  and print out a price list (click on Home Storage Center Order Form) , and send it to Brother Midkiff, then give me a check made out to the cannery (I'll find out what to write on the check.)  I will be taking my van so I will have room.

If you wonder why you would want to buy food from the cannery: This is the most inexpensive way to buy all of these commodities.  

Here are a couple of price comparisons:

#10 cans:
Cannery Powdered milk: $7.05
Emergency Essentials powdered milk: $12.95
Walton Feed powdered milk: $11.60

Sugar:
Cannery 25 lbs for $14
Sam's club:  50 lbs for $29.00

From what I have seen, every food item is either a lot cheaper or a little bit cheaper than you can get it anywhere else.

You can get food in #10 cans, or in mylar pouches, or in bulk bags.  The #10 cans cost more but are ready for long term storage.  I don't know about the mylar bags, but the bulk bags need to be dumped into buckets when you get home, to keep out bugs.

Here are the items offered by the cannery:  Black beans, Pinto beans, White beans, Nonfat Dry Milk, White Rice, Granulated Sugar, Hard Red Wheat, White Wheat, Dehydrated Apple Slices, Dehydrated Carrots, Macaroni, Quick Oats, Regular Oats, Dry Onions, Potato Flakes, Spaghetti, and a few other things.

Please consider ordering something for me to pick up on Dec. 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment