Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Manual Grain Mill on sale

There are at least two websites selling the WonderMill Junior Deluxe Manual grain mill for the cheapest I have seen it.  And shipping is free on both sites.

Millers Grain House:
http://www.millersgrainhouse.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=18&zenid=599cca3e5c1c7072fc133ae926ff4428

and Food Storage Made Easy:
http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/products-we-recommend/grain-mills-wheat-grinders/

The price right now is $199.95 and is shipped free.

You may be asking, why in the world would I want a manual wheat grinder?  (I am using the words "wheat grinder" and "grain mill" interchangeably.)

My advice is to get an electric one first.  The chart below will tell you the which ones are the best.  The Wondermill electric  and NutriMill electric are always rated the best, they seem pretty equal from what I've read.

The Wondermill electric is $239.95 right now, with free shipping, on Food Storage Made Easy.  Sorry, I don't know the price of the NutriMill right now.

I am buying a manual grain mill for a backup, because we don't know if we will always have electricity.  I think getting a manual one is just one more way to make myself feel more prepared.

Plus, there are several grains and nuts I cannot grind in my electric wheat grinder.  With the manual one, I will be able to grind popcorn to make cornmeal, and peanuts to make peanut butter.  I am happy to get those capabilities.



Here is the link to see the Grain Mill comparison chart.  It rates this manual grain mill very highly.
http://www.millersgrainhouse.com/store/index.php?main_page=page&id=4&zenid=599cca3e5c1c7072fc133ae926ff4428

No comments:

Post a Comment