Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter chocolate 75% off, Use in baking

The Easter candy at the Davis Drive/Morrisville Carpenter Road Walgreen's is 75% off.  There was a lot of it there this morning.  I did the math, the Palmers big chocolate bunnies were 8 oz. for 57 cents, that is 7 cents per ounce.  Just buy it, take it home, and chop it up to use as chocolate chips in your cookies.

I have been chopping them up and putting them in canning jars, and using a Foodsaver Vacuum sealer to seal them.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just LOVE vacuum sealers! I am a chocoholic and I LOVE savings on Easter Chocolate bunnies. They also make GREAT fudge. So much cost savings rather than purchasing those baker's chocolate mini squares.

    Also those mini chocolate Easter eggs filled with creme or other popular chocolate bar flavours make GREAT cookie fillers. I just put on mini egg in the middle of my cookie dough roll and it makes the best surprise creme filled cookies. Everyone always wants the recipe! lol. I just tell them it's their favorite cookie recipe they already have with just one mini chocolate Easter egg cooked in the center. Easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete