Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Baking with Powdered Eggs

There are 2 things that are really important to have in your food storage:  powdered milk and powdered eggs.  If you don't have these two items, you would be sorely lacking when it comes to making meals from your storage.

This post covers powdered eggs.




I want to heartily recommend using powdered whole eggs for all your baking, they don't taste different at all.  I have used them for at least 21 years, since we moved to North Carolina.  I never have to worry whether I have eggs in the fridge for baking.  (I only use them for baking.  I use real eggs for scrambling, boiling, etc.)

You just use 1 Tablespoons of egg powder and 2 Tablespoons of water to substitute for one egg in a recipe.

The powdered egg tends to clump up, so remember to add the egg powder in with the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, etc.) and mix it really good and get out all the lumps.  Then add the water with the wet ingredients (oil, vanilla, etc.)

Easy!

P.S.  I was asked where to buy this product.  I order it from Emergency Essentials.  Their website is www.beprepared.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment