Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Emergency Preparedness while I was out of town

I feel so bad that I haven't been participating in the 7-Day Challenge, but the fact is that I was out of town on business and couldn't.

Now I'm back home and hope to participate in the next 4 days.

To make up for the fact that I didn't do the challenge on Friday or today, I will tell you what emergency preparedness steps we took when we went out of town.



We drove to a town in South Carolina, over 200 miles away.  We had food and several bottles of water in the car.  We took parts of our 72 hour kit in the trunk, including a little camp stove and matches.  We had coats and a blanket, just in case we got stranded somewhere and the temperature went down more than we expected.

In our hotel, the first thing we did was find the stairs, we counted the doorways from our room in case we had to evacuate the building in the dark or in smoke.

We brought flashlights and put them by the bed.

And we brought some cash with us, in case anything happened (power outages, etc.) that made it impossible to use our credit cards.

I am always thinking of worst case scenarios, and although I didn't cover everything, at least I had the means of providing myself food, water, warmth, and light in case any of those things went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment