Search This Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Evicted Family Moves In (Fake)

Yesterday (Friday) the challenge on http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/ was supposed to be having a family move in with you unexpectedly. I was supposed to make enough food all day for 6 extra people, who were vegetarians, and see if I had enough sleeping arrangements and hygiene items for everyone, and see if I had enough food for that many people.

Honestly, I was tired after spending almost full-time on Tues, Wed, and Thursday doing mock disasters, so I took Friday off.

But I did take stock of my supplies:

I know I have enough toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, towels, and blankets. I probably need to get some more sheets. I have a blowup mattress and three other foam mattresses, plus about 5 camping foam mattresses.

Here is a hint for storing extra blankets. They are very puffy and take up a lot of room in the linen closet. Instead of folding them and keeping them in the linen closet, I lay out a couple of blankets on each box springs or bed springs, and then lay the mattress on top of that. That enables each bed to have a couple of extra blankets stored right underneath.

Having extra blankets makes me feel good, because in this area we have ice storms where the power goes out, and the blankets will help us keep warm in a situation like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment