Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

#9 Presentation at MV Ward-My Testimony

I do not want to fear whatever calamities come in the future, I want to be prepared so that I do not fear. I want to be able to have food for my family.

One evening I had to rush over to the Cary church building to babysit my two grandchildren while my daughter in law taught the Faith in God girls, because her husband was unexpectedly detained at work. I showed up and began to babysit, and the two little kids were crying because my daughter-in-law hadn’t had time to feed them (or more likely she had tried to feed them in a hurry and they just hadn't eaten enough then, and they got hungry later)

I could not bear to hear them crying and whining, so I scrounged in the Cary ward kitchen until I found some food somebody had left there. I felt a little guilty that I had taken that food. That experience told me that I would do anything to feed my little grandchildren if they were hungry, and I do not want to be the person who resorts to stealing to feed my family.

I have a testimony that we have a true prophet, and that he has asked us to have at least a year’s supply of food and necessities. I have a testimony that this is not just a temporal commandment, this is a spiritual commandment as well. When Nephi broke his bow, and Lehi’s family was suffering from lack of food, even Lehi, a prophet of God, murmured against the Lord. He faltered in his testimony because he was hungry. I do not want to falter in my testimony because I ignored this commandment.

(The End of my Aug. 29, 2010 presentation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment