Search This Blog

Monday, January 9, 2012

No need to add anything to city water

I was just asked if we need to add anything to tap water before we store it in clean empty juice bottles.  On the Church's Provident Living website, http://www.providentliving.org/content/list/0,11664,7446-1,00.html  it says:





Drinking Water
Store drinking water for circumstances in which the water supply may be polluted or disrupted.

If water comes directly from a good, pretreated source, then no additional purification is needed; otherwise, pretreat water before use. Store water in sturdy, leak-proof, breakage-resistant containers. Consider using plastic bottles commonly used for juices and soft drinks.

Keep water containers away from heat sources and direct sunlight.



So, since our city water has been treated with chlorine, etc., I see no need to add anything to it.

I do try to rotate the water every now and then, because I would be a little afraid to drink it after a year or so.  But like I said, most of this water will be used for washing, so I don't worry about using it for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment