Search This Blog

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Shelf Stable Dessert: Brownies

During an emergency, remember to plan for some comfort foods.

My family LOVES brownies.  Although I could make them from scratch, it will be much easier to use a box.  Here are all the shelf stable ingredients you need to make this box of brownies.

If we were without power, and if the stores were closed, we would soon be out of fresh eggs.
I think powdered whole eggs are one of the greatest inventions in food storage.  Just use 1 Tablespoon of powdered egg and 2 Tablespoons of water to equal 1 egg.

The only trouble I have ever had with powdered eggs, is that there are sometimes little lumps that are hard to mix in.

So I always add the powdered egg to the brownie or cake mix, and smash out all the little lumps first, before adding the liquids.

Then I add the water with whatever oil or liquid is called for in the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment