Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Seven Day Challenge from Food Storage Made Easy

There is a great website that I follow called Food Storage Made Easy. Last year I watched them go through a whole week of false emergencies, by email they would announce a scenario ("There has been a flood and everyone in your city has been told to evacuate their homes for part of the day. You are not sure whether your home, or its contents, will survive the flood.") Their fans tried to live out the scenario, and then reported in to the website and told about their experiences. It was fascinating!

So this year I am going to see if I can do it. I'm warning you, I'm probably going to only do it half-heartedly, if the scenario is way too difficult I'm opting out for that day.

Here is what Food Storage Made Easy says:

Starting on a surprise day … for 7 days, we have a new emergency to survive with only things we already had stored in our house. We use email to communicate each of the day’s challenges so make sure to sign up (on the website). This also indicates your commitment to participating in this year’s challenge! We will notify you by email when the challenge begins!


If you want to read last year's 7-day challenge, plus all of the responses, go to http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/7day/#.html You can read the 7-Day Challenge Findings Report or print it out (16 pages).

If you want to officially sign up, go to their website. But if you want to do it unofficially, all you have to do is check their website each day, because the challenge will be on there as well.

Who wants to participate with me? I would love for you to tell me what you learned so I can put it on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment