Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Got Powdered Milk?


The Walton Feed Order is due to me by Sunday Aug. 22, and I am sure all of you are still wondering what to order.

I just read this great post on FoodStorageMadeEasy describing why we need to store powdered milk. And, since most of us hate to drink powdered milk, it was handy that the authors included the results of a powdered milk taste test, and gave the winners.

The best tasting instant powdered milk is:
Provident Pantry brand sold at Emergency Essentials.

and the best tasting Non-instant powdered milk is:
Rainy Day brand sold by Walton Feed.


So, you need to do your homework and decide if you need instant or non-instant. Read the blog post and find out more.


http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/2010/04/26/lets-talk-about-powdered-milk/


And here is a great document all about the benefits and uses of powdered milk, produced by the Washington State Dairy Board.

https://fortress.wa.gov/ga/apps/Food/MiscFiles/Nonfat%20Powder%20Milk%20Recipes.pdf

P.S. I have used powdered milk every time it calls for milk in every baking recipe or every casserole I have made for years. I don't drink it, but it gets rotated. And I am glad I have it, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment