Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Breadmaking: Dry ingredients pre-bagged

Our son is not happy with me, because I told him I'm not buying bread anymore.  I figure that I will never become a good breadmaker if I don't do it consistently, and the only way I bake bread is when we are out of it.  Therefore, no more running to the store when we run out of a loaf.

I learned to make Heidi C.'s whole wheat bread recipe (see post of Nov. 9, 2010) in November, and really like it.  There are a lot of ingredients, so to make it easy, I pre-made some baggies containing all the dry ingredients.



Now when I want to make this recipe, I just have to add the water, yeast, honey, oil, and the freshly ground whole wheat flour.

Now that I am making bread on a more regular basis, I realize that I use these things a lot:

Plastic bags (gallon-size) with twist ties from Walmart, 100 for about $2.50
honey
wheat
wheat grinder
my Bosch mixer
bread pans
yeast (keep it in the fridge or freezer)

You may need to add those to the items you want in your food storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment