Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Non-fiction Books I Really Liked

These books gave me a greater understanding of what types of disasters can happen, and what things I need to think about.

EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS

The Edge of Disaster- by Stephen Flynn
America the Vulnerable- by Stephen Flynn

The Unthinkable: Who Survives when Disaster strikes and why- by Amanda Ripley (See my lengthy book review of this book in my blog Aug. 6, 2008)


MANMADE DISASTERS, CATASTROPHES

Curse of the Narrows- by Laura M. MacDonald (Dec. 6, 1917 Halifax Explosion) This was the largest accidental manmade explosion in history, and wiped out a whole town.

The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland- by Jim Defede

The Year of the Great Crash: 1929 by William K. Klingaman

No comments:

Post a Comment