Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2009

No Veggies

I just became aware of the drought in California. California grows one-sixth of the nation's produce, but look at their water situation:

"The US Bureau of Reclamation, which manages water allocation in arid regions, announced last week it will not provide vital irrigation to Central Valley farmers this year because of drought, and the California State Water Project expects to meet only 15 percent of water requests." (for full article, click HERE)

So what is that going to do to the availability and the price of fruits and vegetables? I have high hopes to begin my own small garden soon and I hope that will start our family on the path of growing more of our own food instead of ZERO.

I truly believe that we are living in the last days, prophecies are starting to be fulfilled all around us, and we need to follow our latter-day prophets and get our food storage and gardens and savings. Hard times are upon us and may get much worse.

I highly recommend the Totally Ready blog, it covers all these kinds of subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment